Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Coming soon ... Sandton-On-Sea!

Half way through March this year I found myself in Durban, my home city, on an unplanned trip along with 2 of my siblings.

Felt so great being back, we found ourselves reminiscing about "way back then" in almost every second sentence. Most of the skyline in Durbs is changing starting with the interchange into the city being upgraded, the new stadium being built as well as the development popping up all over the Point area! In another six months to a year the area there might as well be called "Sandton-on Sea"!



There are various other changes going on but its refreshing to see how public transport remained affordable! :)

I mean, back in Gauteng one spends half a fortune on public transport its a miracle if one has a two tiger (R20) for bread and milk! But in Durbs, R20 goes along way ... ask the locals!

Am sure the not so well off tourists coming through for the 2009 Fifa Confederations Cup, the 2009 Comrades Marathon and Cricket's IPL will enjoy Durbs too. Especially at the current Rand / Dollar exchange rate!


P.S. Got a friend to take some pics of the new Stadium, good progress has been made! I took the liberty of including pictures of what it should look like once complete. If you know who deserves credit for these pics, please let me know and I will do so. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment